Alsip-Merrionette Park Public Library Teens are "T-MAD" . . .
that is Teens Making A Difference!
What does TAG do?
The Alsip-Merrionette Park Public Library's TAG members are making the library a great place for teens!
- Help plan and develop teen programs at the library
- Suggest new titles of books, games, CDs, etc. to add to our collection
- Suggest website links of interest to teens to be added to the library's website
- Participate in volunteer efforts throughout the year
- Support our community by participating in service projects
- Participate in Summer Reading Program Activities
Who can join?
- Must be in 6-12 grade
- Must be a resident of our library district and have a valid Alsip-Merrionette Park Library Card
The Youth Services Department
We meet the first Thursday of every month at 7pm.
Why Join TAG?
- Earn community services hours
- Suggest materials for the library
- Meet new people
- Look good on college applications
- It's FUN!
- There's always food!
Ask for a TAG application at the Youth Services Desk. Fill it out and attend our next TAG meeting:
June 5, 2014
July 3, 2014
August 7, 2014
September 4, 2014
October 2, 2014
November 6, 2014
December 4, 2014
Thursdays in July
Whether you’re ready to take your first steps to performing or looking to increase your performing experi- ence, this improv workshop is for you! Join this four week session of creative thinking and confidence- building fun! AMPL cardholders only.
5—11 P.M. Join fellow TAG members for an
evening of friendship, food and fun. End your summer reading program volunteering experience with a bang! AMPL cardholders only.
DIY Steampunk Goggles
Thursday, June 26th 7—8 P.M.
IBM Has declared Steampunk fashion to be the next big trend. Join the fad and design and decorate your own Steampunk goggles! Open to all.
Come see our high school Teen Zone on the first floor for more reading suggestions, or check out our Teen - High School webpage.
Please call and speak with Miss Wendy in the Youth Services Department at 708.371.5666 x 121, or e-mail us at