Fall 2023-Winter 2024
Advance sign-up required at the Information Desk: 708.371.5666. Please note: these are all adult classes for patrons 18 and older.
How to Copy and Paste
Tuesday, December 5 at 10 am
In this hands-on computer workshop, learn to highlight text, and then copy and paste it using keyboard shortcuts. Limit 6 patrons.
Cut the Cable Cord
Saturday, January 13 at 10 am
Ready to consider alternatives to cable TV? Instructor Mike Gershbein will present the features and costs of the best streaming services and devices.
Wednesday, January 17 at 6:30 pm
In this beginning class, learn how to create a spreadsheet, format text in cells, and add columns of numbers. Prerequisite: mouse and keyboard skills. Limit 6 patrons. Registration for AMPL cardholders begins Tuesday, December 5, and on December 12 for non-residents. Additional sessions will be offered in the future.
Sunday, January 21 at 2 pm
The first line of defense for online safety is practicing smart password habits. Instructor Mike Gershbein will show you how to create safe passwords and use password managers to make your online life easier.
AI and ChatGPT
Saturday, February 10 at 10 am
ChatGPT and other artificial intelligence (AI) products have taken the world by storm. We’ll look at the most-discussed AI technology and speculate on the future implications of AI in the workplace.
Windows 11 Basics
Thursday, February 15 at 10 am
A hands-on class for beginners to try Windows 11 and become familiar with the start menu, apps list, search bar, system tray and customization. Limit 6 patrons.
Sunday, February 18 at 2 pm
Get more comfortable with your Android phone or tablet as Mike Gershbein demonstrates how to navigate, find apps, and customize your device.
Our expanded technology program is supported by a grant from AgeOptions.
Technology Classes from GCF Global -- No library card required:
Phones and Tablets
Internet, Email and Online Services
- Internet Basics: The Cloud, Downloading and Uploading, and More
- Internet Browsers including Chrome, Firefox and Edge
- Email Basics
- Google Apps: Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Keep, Maps, and More!
- Social Media Basics: Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, YouTube, LinkedIn, Meetup, Pinterest, SnapChat, Twitter
- Zoom Basics
- Etsy for Buying and Selling
- Cut, Copy and Paste Text and Files
- Email Attachments
- How to Attach a File to a Gmail
- Downloading and Uploading
- How to Scan Documents with Your Smartphone
- How to Read a QR Code with Your Phone or Other Mobile Device
- Microsoft Office 2016: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Microsoft Account, One Drive and Office Online
- Windows 10
- Windows 11 - Use LinkedIN Learning for Libraries on Research Databases page
Images and Design
- Job Search Classes - Job Applications, Indeed, Resumes, Cover Letters and More
For Advanced Technology Classes
- LinkedIn Learning Classes are available through our Research Databases page, or through the LinkedIn Learning app on Android or iOS.
- Classes include coding languages, graphic design and photography, Microsoft products and more.
- They require an Alsip-Merrionette Park Library card (beginning with 21145).
Mobile Memory Lab
Click here to see the digitizing equipment and program dates.