Alsip-Merrionette Park Public Library Middle Schoolers are making a difference!
What do volunteers do?
The Alsip-Merrionette Park Public Library's youth volunteers are making the library a great place for Middle School students in grades 5-8.
- Help plan and develop Middle School programs at the library
- Suggest new titles of books, games, moviess, etc. to add to our collection
- Participate in volunteer efforts throughout the year
- Support our community by participating in service projects
Who can join?
- Must be in 5-8 grade
- Must be a resident of our library district and have a valid Alsip-Merrionette Park Library Card or a current Alsip school ID.
Alsip-Merrionette Park Public Library
Any time to receive a Cards of Kindness project package or attend our monthly meetings the first Thursday of every month (except January) at 6 pm.
Why become a youth volunteers
- Earn community services hours
- Suggest materials for the library
- Meet new people
- Looks good on scholarship applications
- It's FUN!
Then please visit the Youth Services Department and speak with Miss Wendy or join us the first Thursday of each month (except January) at 6 pm to work on community projects.