Need money for school, for your family, or just for yourself? You've come to the right place! Below you'll find a variety of job search engines and resume tips to help you find a way to make a little money on the side.
Job Search Resources
Resume & Interview Help
- Teen Worknet Resume Tips
- Contains tips on what to include on your resume and provides several samples for you to look at. This is a good resource to get an idea of how to craft your resume, and a template is even included.
- City of Boston's Teen Resume Guide
- An excellent resume-building resource that's especially helpful if you have no or very little work experience.
- Google Docs Resume Templates
- Create a free Google account, or log into yours, to see the templates. Google offers a huge amount of templates you can copy and edit to suit your needs. All you need to do is click on each section and add your own information. Just keep in mind that these are templates - you don't have to fill out every section that's listed. For anything that isn't relevant to you, simply highlight and delete the section.
- Indeed Interview Questions for Teens
- This is a list of common interview questions from Indeed. It's specific to teenagers who may have little to no previous job experience. They provide sample answers as well to help you brainstorm your own answers!
- Apprenticeship Resources by State
- Apprenticeships are an option for teens 16 and up looking to go into trades such as construction, IT, or heathcare. The two main advantages are getting paid while you learn, and college degrees are not required. This page by ResumeBuilder explains what apprenticeships are, what career paths offer them, and sample resumes and cover letters.
Now you're getting a paycheck - hooray! But what do you actually DO with your money now that you're earning it? These tools will help you create a budget to track your spending and meet your savings goals. Creation of a free account is needed for most of these tools.
Before you get started, calculate your take-home pay after taxes with SmartAsset's Free Paycheck Calculator, which accounts for the latest federal and state tax deductions.
Spreadsheet & Money Tracking Templates